Used to something
They say you can get used to anything.
The use of used to do something is explained here. However, used to has another meaning, it can be used as an adjective and we use it to talk about things that have become familiar, and are no longer strange or new.
Used to usually comes after verbs such as be, get or become.
- After a while you get used to the noise.
- She will become used to the smell.
- I was used to the web site.
You can also say that someone is used to doing something.
- I’ll never get used to getting up at six o’clock in the morning.
- It took me a while until I was used to driving on the right-hand side of the road.