In today’s podcast, Ethan, Justin, and Andrea talk about how to make the best out of the current Coronavirus situation, which we’re all going through. We also discuss what it means to be a global citizen- how what unites us as human beings is far more powerful than what divides us- why it’s so important in these hard times, and how English connects you to the world!
- Coronavirus and global citizenship.
- How to make the best out of the current situation.
- How does a global citizen look at these times?
Words You’ll Learn:
- Curl up: when we get comfortable with a blanket, relaxed.
- Work off: get rid of something you ate.
- [something is] the new smoking: a thing that’s really bad and leads to a lot of people dying.
- Death Trap: a place or thing that is potentially very dangerous.
- Patrolling: keep watch over an area by regularly walking or travelling around it.
- Dip in: in and out of something, without consistency.
- Do something religiously: do it regularly.
- To put something at someone’s disposal: to make it available for someone.
- Take something for granted: when you are not grateful for something.
- In the same boat: to be in the same difficult circumstances as others.
- Cope with (something): to deal with difficulties in a calm or adequate manner.
- Couch potato: someone who is lazy.
- Potato/Potato: Two ways to say the same thing.
- Proactivity: you make things happen, you take action.
- In the shitter: in the toilet (AmE).
- It’s gone to pot: in the toilet (BrE).
- Silver lining: a good thing that comes from a difficult situation.
- See the light at the end of the tunnel: To be able to see that a dark period won’t go on forever.
- Cheesy/corny/tacky: something that seems ingenuine, not heartfelt.
- Bed of roses: Something ideal, utopian, perfect
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave an iTunes Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!