Have you ever wondered ‘what does a great teacher do’? What’s the difference between a good teacher, and a great teacher? And what is the difference between a teacher and a coach? In today’s podcast we will answer all of these questions, and also talk about teaching methods and discussing how a great teacher or coach can have a tremendous influence on your learning process. So if you’re an avid learner like us, this podcast is perfect for you!
- Traditional vs. modern teaching methods.
- What does a great teacher do?
- How the traditional “teacher/ student” model is changing.
- What is a Coach? What is a Fluency Guide?
- Do you really need a teacher? or a Fluency Coach?
Words You’ll Learn:
- Skyrocketting: something that increases very steeply or rapidly.
- Outbench: to bench more weight than someone
- To bench: lift weight while you’re on your back
- Jump into a topic: start talking about a certain topic.
- Impart: sharing something, disperse knowledge.
- Essence: the nature or quality of something.
- Empowerment: the process of becoming stronger and more confident.
- Metaphor: a thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else.
- Dicotomy: a division between two things that are or are represented as opposed.
- Development: something that grows and become more mature, advanced, or elaborate.
- Subjects: a branch of knowledge studied or taught in a school, college, or university.
- Amalgamation: lots of different things that come together as one.
- Flipped classroom: when it’s focused more on the students rather than the teacher.
- Curriculum: the subjects studied in a school, college, etc.
- Project based learning: teaching method in which students learn by actively engaging in real-world and personally meaningful projects.
- To be proactive: to create a situation rather than just responding to it after it has happened.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave an iTunes Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!