In News Review we talk about Kobe Bryant and teach new vocabulary. Kobe Bryant’s wife is suing the owner of the helicopter that crashed last month killing him and their 13-year-old daughter. The lawsuit was filed just before a memorial service was held in Los Angeles last night. Neil and Georgina teach you the language the world’s media is using to discuss this story.
presents something officially, often in a law court
• The singer filed a lawsuit against her former agent.
• I filed for divorce last year.
careless about responsibilities
• The government was negligent in its attitude to voters.
• The airline was found to be negligent after the crash.
unfair, illegal or morally wrong
• He threatened to sue his employer for wrongful dismissal.
• The police were sued for wrongful arrest.
For a quiz and to download the audio, go to our website:
For more English videos and English lessons to help you learn English: www.bbclearningenglish.com
We like receiving and reading your comments – please use English when you comment.