PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL TO GET MORE BEST VIDEOS
Misplaced modifiers are words that, because of awkward placement, do not describe what the writer intended them to describe.A misplaced modifier can make a sentence confusing or unintentionally funny. To avoid this, place words as close as possible to what they describe.
There are four types of Misplaced Modifiers:
1. Prepositional-Misplaced Modifiers
E.g. George couldn’t drive to work in a sports car with a broken leg.
– With a broken leg, George couldn’t drive to work in a sports car.
2. Misplaced – verbal phrases
E.g. Running like the flash, John rides his favorite horse.
– John rides his favorite horse running like the flash.
3. Misplaced -Relative clauses
E.g The teacher advised his students who was teaching carefully.
– The teacher who was teaching carefully advised his students.
4. Misplaced Adverbs
E.g. he nearly brushes his teeth for twenty minutes every night.
-He brushes his teeth for nearly twenty minutes every night.