The British Council’s ELTons awards celebrate the best innovations in English language teaching and learning worldwide.
We are pleased to announce that our Marvel Cinematic Readers series is a finalist in the 17th ELTons Awards for Innovation in Learner Resources. It has been selected as a finalist by a panel of expert judges from among 150 international products, publications and services.
The winners will be announced on Monday 10th June 2019. The award ceremony will take place in London at the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
What are the ELTons Innovation Awards?
Featuring the brightest, the best and the most innovative products, apps, courses, platforms and more, the ELTons awards ceremony is always an exciting event.
Teachers, trainers and other ELT industry professionals will be watching closely to see the next big thing in TEFL, and to find out how new products and services can support and inspire English language learners and teachers around the world.
What’s more, the focus of the ELTons is firmly on the future, rewarding individuals and organizations who are working on shaping the future of learning.
There are awards for the following categories:
- Excellence in course innovation
- Innovation in learner resources
- Innovation in teacher resources
- Digital innovation
- Local innovation
- Outstanding Achievement Award
Bringing thrilling super hero action to the English classroom!
From the Marvel’s Iron Man and Captain America, to the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, these Readers feature the world’s best-loved and most iconic super heroes. Carefully graded language makes these epic stories accessible to learners, motivating them through page-turning thrills as they develop their English.
Based on some of the most popular movies of recent years, Marvel Readers appeal to both adult and teenage learners looking for an action-packed educational experience.
You can choose from print book, print book with audio CD or eBook with integrated audio coming soon. Each Reader includes:
- Carefully graded language providing the right level of challenge and enjoyment
- Who’s Who character introduction that motivates students
- Images from the movie that bring the story to life, help with comprehension and provide a stimulus for discussion
- Word list highlighting new vocabulary, providing a great reference tool for new language
- Several pages of activities, including before, during and after questions that aid comprehension, inspire discussions and check language progress
- Teachers notes with class activities, photocopiable activity worksheets and progress tests
Find out more about Pearson English Readers, Marvel series.
Already using Marvel Readers? You may be interested in these blog posts full of classroom ideas to motivate your learners:
© 2019 MARVEL