In this episode, Ethan is joined by Max and Izzy. Both exceptional English speakers. They discuss the teachings of one of the most influential self-development books: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. This book provides a set of simple but really powerful principles that you can use to be successful in life and also as an English learner.
Watch us on Youtube
- Key teachings and ideas from The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
- How you can apply those teachings to your English learning.
Words You’ll Learn:
- What’s cracking?
- Be the product of
- By leaps and bounds
- Carve out the time
- Wack (something) in
- “What’s this book about in a nutshell?“: in the fewest possible words.
- Take responsibility: to become responsible for something in your life, as opposed to expect it from other people.
- Self-talk: talk or thoughts directed at oneself
- Busywork: work that keeps a person busy but has little value in itself.
- Bash: to criticize.
- “Reflect on how you can spend your time on things that will push the dial on your English“: cause a noticeable change.
- Errands: a short journey either to take a message or to take or collect something.
- No-brainer: something that requires or involves little or no mental effort.
- Burning the midnight oil: to work late into the night.
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave a Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!