Learn Spoken English with these short video lessons and the enguru app – India Ka English Guru.
How good is your English? Do you know that there are many words and phrases that we use in Indian English which are incorrect? In this lesson you will learn the correct words and phrases that need to be used.
“Hello friends! Today we will learn the correct words and phrases for some common words incorrectly used in Indian English.
• The opposite of postpone is not prepone. It is “Advance”
• The phrase “out of station” is wrong. “Out of town” is the correct phrase.
• The word Revert cannot be used instead of respond. They have different meanings.
• When you’ve just finished college, you are a graduate, not a fresher.
• A teacher “gives an exam”, but it is the student who “Takes an exam”
• In e-mails, a better phrase to use in place of “do the needful” is, “Do what is necessary”
Let’s learn these phrases.
Download the enguru app to access this entire lesson and many more – https://goo.gl/1nN1wr
Connect with us on our other social platforms for more fun learning content: