We have huge, exciting news in this podcast for you!
In addition to that, in this episode you will learn some of the best TV series to learn British English!
- Meet the new cohost!
- Learning Languages
Words You’ll Learn:
- To be put on the hot seat: all eyes are on you
- Shift gears: to change subjects
- Stringy: big, sticky lines (like the the cheese on pizza in cartoons)
- Something isn’t your cup of tea: expression used to describe something that you dislike
- Slapstick comedy: style of humor that involves exaggerated physical activity
- Crass: lacking in sensitivity, refinement, or intelligence
- Witty: someone that’s very quick when making a joke; well thought out, intelligent
- Posh: elegant or stylish
Also some differences between American and British:
- Humor (obvious vs. sarcasm).
- Aubergine vs. eggplant
- Jelly vs. Jello
- Tomatoes vs. tomatoes
- Received pronunciation, “the Queen’s English”.
Watch This Lesson On YouTube
Help us Spread the Movement
If you’ve found the podcast at all helpful or entertaining, we’d love if you could visit our iTunes page and give us a positive review (this makes it easier to find us)
This will help us to get more listeners and invest more in the podcast! If you know some ways we can make it better, please send us an email: [email protected]
How to Leave an iTunes Review
This will help our ranking and more people will see the podcast. Aww Yeah!