1. The World Wildlife Fund is an NGO. What is NGO an abbreviation of?
a) neo-governmental organization b) not-governmental organization c) non-governmental organization
2. When the WWF began in 1961, its goal was to support conservation organizations by giving them
a) money b) wildlife c) natural habitats
3. The WWF started launching projects of its own in
a) the 1970s b) the 1980s c) the 1990s
4. A species that has been lost and no longer exists is
a) endangered b) extinct c) threatened
5. What do we call the illegal killing of protected wildlife?
a) murder b) hunting c) poaching
6. The WWF produces regular Living Planet Reports on the state of the Earth’s
a) conservationists b) biodiversity c) forests
7. By 2016, tiger populations had stopped _______ for the first time in over 100 years.
a) increasing b) decreasing c) threatening
8. Which could have resulted in the mountain gorilla becoming an endangered species?
a) deforestation b) reforestation c) extinction
9. Which animal has the WWF helped reintroduce to the wild?
the African elephant
the Arctic wolf
the American bison
a) the African elephant b) the Arctic wolf c) the American bison
10. If we are exploiting natural resources at a faster rate than their natural replacement, our way of life is
a) non-renewable b) irreplaceable c) unsustainable